Wednesday, October 8, 2008

not the end i was anticipating to this story.

Hey there from inside of the United States!

I have been getting a number of emails from friends and family sharing their encouragement and excitement for my adventures-to-be in The Gambia. Unfortunately, I have to tell you all that they wont be happening. In previous emails I had mentioned some back pain that had been going on since mid-August. Before clearing me for the Gambia, the Peace Corps took an MRI to rule out any serious back problems. To my chagrin, last week I found out that the pain wasnt purely muscular, but rather a herniated disc. The good news is that it wont require surgery. The bad news is that people with herniated discs do not fare well as PC volunteers, so I will be staying in the States, going through physical therapy and working on getting better. Now more than ever I dont know what the next few months will bring, but Id like to thank you all for your encouragement over the past two years. Thanks so much, and hopefully sometime in the future Ill be sending on emails from new adventures in the developing world.

Much love,
Jacqueline

10 comments:

Em Cee McG said...

I am so so so so so sorry Jaqui!!! I want to cry for you. It must be all these onions I am chopping though because I am way too tough to cry. You will do such great things no matter what. ¡Que te vayas bien amiga!

Peace Corps Journals said...

Just found out your blog was referenced in Dec. 2007 in a PhD dissertation on Peace Corps in the 21st century.

http://tinyurl.com/p9gmyj
(see pg 166)

-Mike Sheppard
RPCV / The Gambia (03-05)
www.PeaceCorpsJournals.com

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You may , probably very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://ijyfefitac.lookseekpages.com/kyxebic.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

It seems brilliant phrase to me is

Anonymous said...

Opulently I assent to but I contemplate the collection should prepare more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Really and as I have not thought about it earlier

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Good gradually.


I know a site with answers to a theme interesting you. Hot Health

Anonymous said...

Ticgrergo, clomid online Sleelmwef, [url=http://www.webjam.com/clomidonline]buy clomid[/url] DizFiccanny
23

Anonymous said...

I just discovered the website who writes about
Several
home business ideas

If you want to know more here it is
home based business reviews